The Medical Wing is trying to meet the challenge of building a healthier world by introducing a holistic approach in health care. It aims to eradicate disease and suffering by spreading awareness about all aspects of health and by using the combined therapies of medication and meditation to restore health. Meditation is a process of relaxing the mind and the body and emerging one's inner powers through positive thinking. It empowers a person to face the ups and downs of life without coming under stress. It triggers a relaxation response within the body by which various biological parameters are set right. Increased will power helps patients to regain health quickly.
To meet the above objectives we conduct the following programme:
- To conduct scientific experiments to understand the psycho-physiological mechanisms by which Rajyoga helps one to achieve complete Health. Comparative studies carried out in Melbourne and San Francisco on meditation practitioners by recording their EEG, EMG and other physiological parameters have consistently shown unique results in the case of Rajyoga.
- To conduct scientific surveys on the benefits of Rajyoga Meditation. Also to document, interpret and publish the results of such surveys for the medical fraternity and the general public.
- To project the concept of holistic health care through conferences and seminars on a wide range topics such as "Meditation as Medicine", “Science and practical techniques of stress management", "Ten principles of healthy living", "Mind-body-medicine", ”Holistic Health” etc for the 21 st century and so on.
- “Holistic health fairs” to spread awareness about the ills of drug addiction, thereby attempting to save the younger generation from tobacco, alcohol and psychotropic drug abuse
- Popularize lifestyle modification such as diet, exercise & meditation to prevent & regress modern stress related diseases like coronary artery disease, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, depression etc
- Educate the rural masses about healthy living, personal hygiene and nutrition.
- To work for achieving holistic health for all in collaboration with the government, the public, professional medical organizations and NGOs.
- Practical applications of meditation for medical professionals to improve doctor-patient relationship
- To propagate Rajyoga as an auxiliary means to achieve positive health.
- To reaffirm ethical standards of the medical profession.