A new process for diabetes control
In a study conducted to assess public awareness of diabetes it was observed that ordinary people understand diabetes only to the extent that people with type-2 diabetes should not eat sugar while the type-1 diabetes people have to take injections of Insulin.
Training - a treatment
According to Prof. Marvin Levin of the Washington University School of Medicine, the most important treatment to save a diabetic's foot is to train the patient.
World Health Organization is concentrating its attention on this fast spreading pandemic. Dr. Donald Bevan of Christchurch Clinic School, New Zealand and Russel Scott are considered experts in diabetes training. According to them diabetes is spreading so fast that knowledge of this ailment should be made available to each and every person They also feel that politicians and bureaucrats should also be made aware of the benefits accruing from training in diabetes as also savings in costs. Knowledge of diabetes should be necessarily given to four 'p's namely politicians, professionals, patients and public.
Proportion of benefits
Substantial efforts were made in Finland to arrest heart disease. As a result people started exercising and also changed their eating habits; this in turn resulted in reduction of deaths due to heart disease by 35%.
Dr. R.B.Tattersal has also given this good suggestion:--He suggests that for people whose sugar varies often and have to be admitted to hospitals frequently, if given proper training in this regard, this problem can be resolved at home itself.
Four decades ago Prof. M. Ibrahim of Bangladesh used to wonder whether it is possible to control diabetes among general public. From the great work that he has done we can now say that in small developing nations also good work in this regard can take place. Dr. M.Mehtab, again of Bangladesh, feels that spreading awareness about diseases like diabetes can be done far better by voluntary organizations than by Governments.
Some wrong notions
In respect of imparting training with regard to diabetes there are some wrong notions not only among patients but also among doctors. Generally it is thought that sermonising for an hour, answering questions of the patients and distributing a 4 page handouts is sufficient to complete the responsibility of diabetes training. Diabetes training is equivalent to teaching chemistry or physics to SSC students in the least. The doctors involved in diabetes training should prepare themselves and give adequate time as a teacher would require for teaching chemistry.
Purpose of education is not merely to impart knowledge, but also involves inducing change in life style.
If we imbibe the seven pillars of diabetes control in our lives, we can not only live healthy, constructive and positive life but also be saved from other ailments like blood pressure, arthritis, acidity, ulcer, headache, lumbago, stroke, heart attack etc. and will be able to lead longer and more fruitful lives than those who do not have diabetes.
If you imbibe the entire life style as indicated in the camp, your life will become like a diamond
Seven pillars of control of diabetes
- First Pillar : Knowledge
- Influence of education.
- Understanding diabetes.
- Pre-diabetic state.
- A history worth knowing.
- Why did I get diabetes?
- Old is gold!
- Easy going lifestyle.
- Lifestyle change: Better than medicine.
- Food: Past and present.
- Effect of the modern times: Mental stress.
- Relation between Insulin and brain.
- Obesity: Ladder of death.
- Obesity and diabetes among women.
- Where did they get the inspiration to slim down?
- Right way to reduce weight.
- Other small ways.
- Things to remember when buying a gymnastic machine.
- If the parents have diabetes.
- Diseases of endocrine glands.
- Cities as compared to towns.
- Importance of tests in diabetes.
- How to test sugar in urine?
- Use of Gluco-metre.
- Problems caused by diabetes.
- Why does one swoon when diabetes is high? How to save from that situation?
- Treat legs like the venerated Brahmin.
- Blood circulation – basis for healthy life-force.
- Capillaries get changed in diabetes.
- Why is it necessary to save eye-sight in diabetes?
- Healthy kidneys means safety from toxins.
- Save the brain – enhance efficiency.
- An important reason for death – heart disease.
- Figures that will surprise you!
- Towards old age.
- Talk and download your mind.
- Second Pillar : Exercise
- Exercise: nectar of diabetes control
- How much can we speed up the heart?
- Distribute exercise in three parts
- Exercise with awareness
- Advantages of exercise with awareness
- Let the child be the child
- Third pillar - change in food habits
- Have more carbohydrates
A. Nature - the protector of health
B. Bitter truths of sweet sugar
- Proteins ensure sugar increases slowly
A. Giving up non-vegetarian food - a wise decision
- Reduce fat consumption to the minimum
A. Which is the best oil?
- Minerals are good for life
- Part played by the anti-oxidant police
- Do eat fruits by all means
- Eat salad - be healthy
- Life giving energy through sprouts
- Question of water
- Water is better than cold drinks
- Give up tea and coffee if you can
- For whom is milk?
- Advantages of bitter gourd, fenugreek etc.
- Advantages of a little of almonds
- Experimenting with Isabgol
- Eat short, live long
- Eat less, eat at ease
- Food habits of well known people
- Food control through the mind
- Some peculiar views
- Wisdom of saving Insulin
- Inspiration to change one's life style
- How do we revolutionize he entire society
- Fourth Pillar : It's total defeat when the mind is defeated
- The mental states of the patient
- Diabetes leads to stress
- Use of mind in control of diabetes
- Three steps to use mind in diabetic control
- Stress and blood sugar
- Four parts of human consciousness
- Rules to give instructions
- Process of relaxation
- Process of visualization of diabetes control
- Wishing well (positive)
- Laugh as much as you can
- The real friend
- Fifth Pillar : Life free of stress
- Regarding Insulin
- Administration and caution in taking medicines
- Insulin via spray
- Knowledge about genes
- Sixth Pillar : Why medicines? How much and how to take?
- All pervasive stress
- Causes of stress
- You may have to repent for (extreme) perfection
- Self realization through self confidence
- Progress of science
- Life support
- Eighteen delightful ways to lead stress free life
- Seventh Pillar : Freedom from vices
- Ideas about getting rid of vices
- Face value? No foot value.
- Eighteen rules to take care of the feet
- Exercises of the feet
- How to help ourselves during travelling?
- Importance of the skin in diabetes
- Health of teeth - enjoyment of eating
- If there is sight in the eyes, there the world is
- Remember not to allow sugar in the blood to be low
- Neuroglycopenic symptoms of hypoglycaemia
- Reasons for sudden reduction in blood sugar
- Processes of preparing eatable snacks